Elder Zachary Payne

Elder Zachary Payne

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I'm a Missionary​, I'm a Trainer, I'm a District Leader, I'm a Son, Brother, and Now I'm an Uncle!! I'M A MORMON!!

And Mom's a grandma!! Dad you're a grandpa again! Man that's so cool!!! I've been thinking this whole past week...."hmm I wonder if baby payne is here yet?" So this is true right?? No april fools, okay? Haha! man thanks for the pictures I love them! I just want you to know that when Bryson was born I was fast asleep on a couch in the basement of the Bardsley's house haha. amigo eso es super bien!! jaja
 
Wow so that made my whole day, and my whole week for that matter! I love emails like that! I'm so glad everyone's doing fine and that it was a success! What a beautiful new family! We've had a pretty slow and rough week this past week, so that was much needed! That's why I'm writing this on Tuesday actually haha...Elder Bradford has been sick all week! I won't go into specifics but we couldn't proselyte for about 4 days in total. In the mean time, I built a few puzzles and got acquainted with my district leader duties haha.
 
We did scrounge up a few lessons. All of our investigators have their various challenges, so baptismal dates are having to be moved back. We're working hard with them and we should put three of them back on date tonight to be baptized before the end of this transfer, which just so happens to end on Mother's day.
 
Conference was the bomb! Like a big spiritual bomb! We watched four of the five sessions with investigators and we couldn't quite get anyone to come with us to the priesthood session. Carlos took us to the visitor center for the Saturday morning session. Cedar City temple!!!! The rumors are all true! Can you believe it?? We all knew it was coming...the church had already bought the land before I had left a few months ago. I'm guessing they'll put that thing up in a couple years just like the Gila Valley Temple. We'll see! That's another reason to come back once I get home! But yeah you should have heard the visitor's center as soon as pres monson announced it....a bunch of sister missionaries simultaneously gasped and I almost yelled "I knew it!!" We were all super pumped!!
 
Well I learned this week that it's really hard for your investigators to receive revelation when they're asleep. Such was the case with Bro Mauzy, our Roman Catholic buddy. We don't really know what to do with him at this point since he's not progressing and dropping him would tear down the faith he's been building these past few months. We tried to watch conference anywhere but his house, and we couldn't get anything worked out. So we went over there for the Sat afternoon session and after 30 minutes of sustainings and statistics, he was gone. I kept asking him questions to wake him up, but it was a losing battle. We left halfway through and went to a member's house haha. We love bro Mauzy!
 
Well I don't have a whole lot of time today. Just know that I love you guys and I'm super proud of where everyone is at right now. Even though I'm far away (a whole state away!) I feel like we've come closer as a family. I really do support you guys in the decisions you're making and I'm definitely a Payne family fan! Much love!
 
Elder Payne!
 
p.s. Elder Bradford and I can't remember the music to Treasure Trove Cove in Banjo Kazooie and it's driving us nuts!!!! haha oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment