Elder Zachary Payne

Elder Zachary Payne

Monday, August 12, 2013

EPHRAIM!

Well I'll keep it short sweet and to the point this week. We got transfer calls! It was actually a blessing because normally they come in late Sunday night. But this time President called us early Sunday morning! So he told me that I'll be going to Ephraim with Elder Stephens and a visa waiter (who is leaving in a week) Elder Wangert. Hopefully I spelled those right haha. Never met either of them! All I know is that I've been out a lot longer than either of them. In fact, I'll be the senior companion up there. The assistants called later last night with the details. I'll be designated driver again, which is kind of a bummer because I just spent 5 months getting my legs and lungs in the best shape of their lives. Oh well! Back to being fat again! Well we'll see how it goes up there. But yeah so Ephraim is a small town about the size and culture of thatcher. They have snow college there too, but we don't cover that. And that's about all I know! Oh and if I end up staying up north for the winter I'll get to experience the -20 degrees baby! that's disgusting haha. But I'm super excited and I'm ready to move on. I'm not a zone leader....yet. That's what the AP's told me. In fact they said something like "thanks for you service as district leader elder payne...this is not the end, there's more where that came from" something like that haha. So there's obviously a reason why I'm going to ephraim right now instead of a zl area.
 
Elder Linville will stay in the buena vista 2 area! He's the new dl! Holy smokes I'm so pumped for him! What a goofball haha. First leadership position and he's been out for 15 months. He'll do a good job. So yeah I'll definitely really miss all the people here! I said bye to everyone all week and since the call came Sunday morning I got to get up in three wards and bear my testimony/thankamony/adiosamony. It was awesome! time to move on!
 
Oh and we baptized an 8 year old this weekend! We got special permission to teach her based on her family situation. Her name is Faith Lemon! Her little sister Rahel is from Ethiopia and she's 6. They're the best! The baptism doesn't count for the mission, but it counts for me :)
 
Love you guys!
Elder Payne

 

No comments:

Post a Comment