Elder Zachary Payne

Elder Zachary Payne

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

"In the mouth of two or three witnesses.​.."

Woah! What a week! It's been crazy and fun and stressful and awesome and everything! First of all, thanks for the emails! Sorry mom that package will be delayed a week or so because I'm deciding to throw dad's father's day package in it as well haha so I'm still scrambling to put that together with the extremely limited free time that I have these days. It'll be coming! I have no idea what I want for my bday! I have no time to think about myself and my needs haha and to be honest I don't really want to...so you can surprise me! I'll think of something...when are you sending it?
 
Hmm, well I've had four different companions this week! Transfers are ridiculous these days haha. On monday Elder Bradford and I said bye to everyone, and we shipped him off Tuesday morning, so I went with Elder Welch for the rest of the day in his area until 5pm, which is when we picked up good old Elder Linville! I'm serving with Levi Hughes! haha but for real Elder Linville is a clown and he's awkwardly awesome! I love that guy! He reminds me of Elder Von Kampen a little bit, so it's been great. He's been out for 13 months and was in Delta for 6 months. This is his first walking/biking area and he's gained like 40 pounds on his mission, so we're getting him in shape real fast! haha he's from San Marcus, California. The night we got him, we got a call from the Assistants saying that we're also getting a surprise visa waiter in our area! Haha woohoo! so we went to the trainer's meeting the next day and picked him up. Elder Shipp from Georgia! He's going to Sao paulo brazil on his mission and he's a temp in our mission!
 
We had a blast for five days and then got a call from the assistant's this morning saying that Elder Shipp is going to the Pineview stake instead! Darn! So he's leaving us already! haha oh well we got some pics and signed his journal and all that jazz and packed him up and shipped (haha) him off all within one hour! whew!
 
Nikki's baptism was wonderful! We got it all put together and it was a success! She was super nervous! but she's seriously the most golden investigator I've ever had! Elder Bradford graced us with his presence as well! It was a good day. She was confirmed yesterday! Yaaaay! She's awesome! We had another recent convert who is our ward mission leader, Bro Reed, conduct the baptism. He's black and barely knows what he's doing half of the time because he's so new to the church, so it was super funny and it almost felt like a baptist service or something haha. But it was awesome and the spirit was definitely there!
 
Hmm well I'm already out of time so I gotta cut off right here! Thanks for all the support and good luck to everyone in there endeavors this week! As they say in Brazil, "tuda bem!" chao
 
Elder Payne
 

No comments:

Post a Comment