Elder Zachary Payne

Elder Zachary Payne

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

District Leader no more

Alright well a lot has gone on within the last week, and I have 10 minutes to write this before my time logs me off. first of all, thanks for the emails mom and dad! sounds like things are going pretty crazy over there. congrats on all those rental offers, mom! who's staying in my room? the house looks nice haha so thanks for the pics. Sorry i only had a little time to just skim through your email, and I can't print it off. Anyway, I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this but I was put into a district/zone with all the other St.  George spanish speakers, and I believe there are six of us. two of them have already left, and I'm envious haha. one of them in my district, Elder Church, is from Phoenix. I've met a ton of people from arizona and others who are going to the Tuscon mission. you might have them over for dinner someday, who knows! we got some new elders/sisters in our zone this week! they are some solid missionaries. it's crazy to think my MTC half way point is this week. the days are all mushed together now! oh my the way mom, I'll send my emails roughly the same time each monday, so you don't need to worry too much. you want something in spanish huh? el pescado es pesado con pecados. think about that for a minute. it doesn't make too much sense, but it sounds cool. I'm so happy for Andrew! that's amazing! I still haven't heard from him, so make sure he writes me. so Dallin leaves soon huh? when exactly? and Andrew Nolan? I'll be looking for them when they come. I saw Brandon Bryce the other day, which was cool. so yeah I am no longer the District Leader! after three weeks they switch us out. now it's elder Killian! he's cool, his parents own a popcorn business...Killian Korn. it's delicious, they sent us some! this week all the new mission presidents are here, which doesn't affect me. but it also means the quorum of the 12 and 1st presidency are here too! haven't seen any of them yet though. they're not really here for us though, so I'll be surprised if they speak to us...but that would be awesome! oh and I got a haircut this week! same as always...I look handsome! my companion, elder von kampen, is awesome. he struggles at spanish but loves teaching. he also hates birds...whenever we see one he says how he wants to shoot them or throw a rock at them. not sure why. well I'm at negative two minutes on the timer, so I'm in trouble! (not really) i'll have to send out some hand written letters later. thanks for all you guys do! I love this gospel and I love the people I will serve! Christ lives and we need to invite everyone to come unto him after we come unto him ourselves. love you all!

con amor,
Elder Payne :)

No comments:

Post a Comment