Elder Zachary Payne

Elder Zachary Payne

Friday, January 24, 2014

Change in Responsibi​lity!

Well I'm headed to St. George this afternoon! We got transfer calls on Saturday night and President has asked me to be a zone leader!! Wooah! haha cool! So I'm going back to the same area I went to one year ago which is Little Valley! haha it'll be interesting but exciting. I served there last year with Elder Betham for one transfer, and then they white washed us out and made it a zl area. And now I'm headed back to the sun! My companion is Elder Lewis and he'll "show me the ropes." He's been out since February, so he's pretty young in the mission but apparently he's really good! I've never met him before. Elder Ramirez is staying in Ephraim, and he's going to die there with Elder Torres. We've never met him either! All these new missionaries! haha anyway, he'll be the DL and he's getting Elder Campbell in his district, who is training a new missionary and taking over Ephraim YSA. That means that the Snow district will have two former AP's in it, so they'll be tearing it up!

Anyway, the past few days have been pretty hectic. We've been teaching a lot and in between appointments I've been saying bye to a bunch of families. I'll definitely miss Ephraim a lot! It's my second favorite area! Lots of good times in the past 6 months, and I've learned a lot about myself. Hopefully I will measure up to the new responsibilities. I'm super excited to have bigger shoes to fill, and this will keep me on track as I finish out my mission.

Yesterday for P-day we went on an approved ice fishing trip at Fish Lake with a brother in the 8th ward and his kids who are in high school. It was super fun, even though none of us caught a single fish. Must have been the full moon. I still have yet to catch a stinkin fish haha. Oh well. The ice was cracking and popping underneath us all day which was pretty intimidating. It was a super relaxing day, and I couldn't have asked for a better p-day to whisk away my worries. 

Well, that's about all I have time for today! Take care this week!
Love,
Elder Payne
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment